Even though I am not in high school or college, I am approaching my second year of law school and I definitely like to keep things light and fresh on the makeup front when I am headed to class. I also like to use products that I know will stay put during a long day and won’t melt off my eyes or face! Here is a tried and tested look that is perfect for school days, or any days, really!
- Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream: This BB cream provides good coverage and feels very light on the skin. If I’m having a bad skin day I’ll just add a second layer for added coverage! It has a slight sun tan lotion-y scent due to the fact that it has SPF 30, but I don’t find the smell as offensive as the Garnier Fructis BB cream.
- L’Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer: I freakin’ love these cute chubby concealers! They are so great for throwing in a handbag, they wind up, and you can apply it directly to your face without having to dip your finger into a pot of concealer. I find that these work great under the eyes, and work even better for spot concealing.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: I like to buff this through my t-zone over the BB cream for a little added coverage and to take away any unwanted shiny-ness. I like using the color Silky Beige 005 over BB cream rather than the translucent powder.
- Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Blush Powder Palette: I don’t usually go crazy contouring and highlighting when I know I’ll be in class/at the library, so I’ll just stick to blush. This powder palette in Blushing Nude is perfect because it adds a warm rosy-nudey glow, so it’s actually a bit of a bronzer and blusher in one! I also love the packaging because it flips open and contains a mirror underneath the blush.
- Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Barely Beige: I think that these two colors are eyeshadow staples – the bronze is perfect if you are going for a quick smokey eye. You can blend a little onto the lid with a finger (no brushes required!) for a soft feel, or build up the color for a deeper smokey look. Barely Beige is a great pearly nude everyday color, and looks fantastic dabbed in the inner corners! Another great thing about these is that you know when you put them on, they aren’t going anywhere.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen: I have tried a good amount of liquid eyeliners/pens, and this is definitely my current favorite. It has a felt tip that is more stiff than that of the Maybelline eye pen, which makes it easier to draw a cleaner line. This won’t budge or smudge throughout the day!
- Maybelline The Rocket Volum’ Express waterproof mascara: I’ve been loyal to Maybelline the Falsies until this bad boy came out. I’ve never experienced clumping with this mascara, only added volume and length! I prefer the waterproof formula because the non-waterproof would sometimes smudge underneath my eyes.
- Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Blooming: this is a recent purchase and I am in love with it. These are super shiny, glossy without being sticky, incredibly moisturizing, and add a tint of color to the lips. They have a very slight sweet scent (I happen to love scented lip products) and the packaging is simple and cute, too!
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle: If you want a bit more color you can’t go wrong with these. I love Pink Truffle because I think it adds a sophisticated feel to a makeup look, which is great for school! I also think this is pinky-brown is the perfect lip color for fall and winter.