I’m sure I, like many of you, apply makeup in the early morning hours and don’t return home until late afternoon or night. I have combination oily skin and so I can get self conscious about how my face starts to look after several hours of being at school. This is why I find it necessary to carry a few essential products in my handbag that are travel friendly and easy to apply quickly in my school’s bathroom. Here are the products that help me feel confident and look polished throughout the day (and night):
- Powder: I apply Rimmel Stay Matte in the morning and I never leave the house without it! It really does a great job of helping skin stay matte, and I know there are pricier products out there that come with a mirror and brush, but you just can’t beat the price of this wonderful product ($4.99!). I just throw a tiny kabuki brush in my bag and I’m good to go.
- Concealer: I have been loving this Maybelline concealer lately – you don’t have to worry about it opening up and spilling in your bag, and it is the perfect size. Great for touching up under your eyes if dark circles peak through during the day, or spot treating anywhere else on the face.
- Lipstick: My go-to lip product for the past month has been Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle. I think they are moisturizing enough so that you won’t have to carry around a separate balm. They also impart gorgeous color that can be sheered out or built up for a more bold lip.
- Lip Gloss: Sometimes I just want to add a bit more shine on top of my lipstick, which is why I always carry around one (or 3) lip glosses. My favorite lip gloss for the past few months has been Mac’s Lotus Flower Cremesheen gloss.
- Eyeliner: I’ve been lining my waterline more often, which is why I like to have this wonderful Nuance gel liner on hand for quick touch-ups throughout the day.
Which products do you always carry in your handbag?