Brand Spotlight: NYX

brand-spotlight:nyx

If I remember correctly, the first time I learned about NYX I was watching one of Tanya Burr’s videos. The NYX product she mentioned was one of the Mega Shine lip glosses in Sugar Pie, a shimmering light nude. Ever since then my collection of NYX’s lip products has grown tremendously – luckily for me there is an Ulta close to my parent’s home on Long Island.

NYX is one of the least expensive drugstore brands I have come across, which is surprising considering the variety and quality of the products. Their Mega Shine lip glosses are $5.99 – and are currently buy one get one 50% off at ulta.com. These glosses pack high shine and moisture, and although they aren’t very long-lasting, I don’t mind reapplying often. They also aren’t sticky or tacky, and feel extremely comfortable on the lips. To me this gloss smells like cherries, and I’ve read that some people are very averse to this scent (saying it reminds them of cough syrup), but I quite like it! A few of my favorite colors are Tea Rose, a gorgeous rose-pink; Beautiful, a creamy light pink with glitter; and Nude Pink, a creamy light peachy-pink.

My other favorite lip products from NYX are the round lipsticks, which have an incredibly smooth, buttery formula, and are an absolute steal at $1.99, the Butter Glosses, and the Soft Matte Lip Creams. The Butter Glosses feel satiny smooth on the lips and leave behind sheer color (they also smell like vanilla cupcakes!). One of my favorite colors of the Butter Glosses is Peaches and Cream, a brighter pink-coral. The Soft Matte Lip Creams are a unique product. They apply opaque color, apply evenly, and dry to a matte finish in seconds. Unlike a lot of matte lip products out there, the Soft Matte Lip Creams actually feel hydrating and don’t accentuate any lip imperfections. My favorite shade out of the line is Istanbul, a soft mauve-pink.

Have you tried any of these NYX lip products?

1. November 22, 2013 / 11:28 pm

I LOVE NYX. The matte lip creams and glosses are awesome!

• November 24, 2013 / 2:16 am

Same here! All Nyx products are buy one get one 50% off at Ulta right now – I purchased a few goodies today, including a Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sponge Cake. It’s a shade I wouldn’t have thought to pick up, but I am so glad I did!

2. November 24, 2013 / 2:11 am

You know your make-up’s, because I looked through your pictures and noticed you have great taste. But “NYX” lips sticks are not too great . . . “Tarte” have a better selection on lips sticks. And even “Two faced” . . . 🙂

• November 24, 2013 / 2:13 am

I agree – I love Tarte lipsurgences and Too Faced La Creme lipsticks (they’re so creamy!) – but I think that the Nyx lipsticks are a great option for the drugstore, especially at $1.99

• November 24, 2013 / 2:52 am

$1.99?! Great deal, normally I spend $4.99 for one! And that’s when it’s on sale . . . Regular price is $9.99 . . .

• November 24, 2013 / 2:53 am

If you’re in the U.S. There’s a buy one get one 50% off on all Nyx products right now at Ulta!

• November 24, 2013 / 3:13 am

Really? Hmm I’m going to go check that out . . . I love make-up and girly stuff . . . Thats why I thank god he made me into a female… lol

• November 24, 2013 / 3:15 am

Oh and sorry for the late respond. I was doing my nails . . . Now there dry… I also had a fruit salad. hehe