Keep it On Top

keep-it-on-top

keep-it-on-top

keep-it-on-top

Happy Sunday! Although I love to smoke out both my upper and lower lash lines with dark browns and grays, I think it can look really fresh to wear eyeshadow and liner on the upper lash line only. For an even more wide-eyed look, I have been enjoying popping a bit of flesh-toned liner on my waterline. Here’s how I achieved this look, I hope you enjoy!

First I prepped my lids with my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I then took Mac Eyeshadow in Mulch and applied this with a Mac 217 all over my lids, up to the crease. Next, I took my Le Metier De Beaute Dualistic Eye Pencil in Noir and applied this to my upper lash lines, and I also tight-lined my eyes with this pencil (the part of the eyelid that is right beneath your lashes). To make the eyeliner a bit more interesting, I smudged Le Metier de Beaute Eyeshadow in Alexandrite right on top of the liner.

To achieve a wide-awake look and brighten around the eyes, I took my Nars eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte and applied this to the waterline. I then took a small amount of Mac eyeshadow in All That Glitters and applied this to the inner corners of my eyes. To complete the eye look, I took my L’Oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara and applied several coats to my upper lashes, and only applied a tiny amount to my lower lashes.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

1. December 1, 2013 / 6:45 pm

Beautiful! And I haven’t even started complimenting the eye makeup yet! 😉 What blush did you use, BTW? It suits you well!

Thanks for the follow BTW. I followed you back! Can’t wait to see more eye makeup posts! x

• December 1, 2013 / 6:46 pm

Oh lol I said BTW too many times 😆

• December 1, 2013 / 6:50 pm

Thank you so much! The blush I used is Tom Ford Frantic Pink. All of Tom Ford’s makeup is insanely expensive, but the quality of this blush is amazing – so finely milled and it stays put all day. I think Nyx powder blush in Angel would be a good drugstore dupe 🙂

• December 1, 2013 / 7:03 pm

Thanks! I’ll go check the Tom Ford blush out. I never really grew a fondness for Nyx because the first time I tried one of their products, I hated the formula. It was the lip cream, I think. It felt as if it had no plans to dry up! 😐

• December 1, 2013 / 7:10 pm

Oh no! Well, if you’re willing to give Nyx another go, I’d recommend looking at the Butter Glosses, Mega Shine Glosses and Powder Blushes. A few of my favorites are the Butter Glosses in Creme Brulee & Vanilla Cream Pie; Mega Shine Glosses in Beige and Sponge Cake; and Blush in Pinched (a great dupe for Nars Orgasm!).

• December 1, 2013 / 7:13 pm

Maybe someday! For now I’ll send your recommendations to a friend of mine who’s a big Nyx fan. Thanks! 🙂

2. December 1, 2013 / 8:35 pm

You look gorgeous! And I love how you used all that glitters – its my favourite eyeshadow! 🙂 x

3. December 2, 2013 / 10:31 am

Alexandrite looks like a stunning colour! Similar to MAC Cranberry perhaps? You look gorgeous as always!

• December 2, 2013 / 2:51 pm

Thank you so much! I don’t own Cranberry, but from the swatches I’ve seen I’d say Alexandrite is more of a purple tone than Cranberry.

4. December 2, 2013 / 9:14 pm

I’ve always wanted to try that mascara! Great makeup! 😀

• December 2, 2013 / 9:58 pm

Thanks so much! This mascara does such a wonderful job of lengthening and separating lashes