Happy Monday! Tasha of Tasha’s Face tagged me to do this post, so let’s jump right in!
Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
– It’s sort of in between? If I don’t use a blow dryer it can turn into a bit of a frizzy disaster. If I leave it wet and apply some sort of product, like Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, I can sometimes get it to look decently wavy.
Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
– I have been getting my hair highlighted at a salon since I was about 15 – I’m 26 now and I have been going to the same hairdresser for about 10 years. If you’re on Long Island check out Wild Orchid Salon and Medi-Spa!
Do you wear the same style everyday or do you change it?
– I think I wear the same style. Usually, a sweater or tank with a cardigan, dark or distressed skinny jeans and boots.
Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
– When I am in NY I go to salons for manicures and pedicures, mostly because they are much cheaper there than in DC.
How often do you change your nail polish?
– About every week. During the winter I am all about reds and deep purple polishes.
Do you polish your toes in winter or just in summer?
How long does it take you to put on your make up?
– It really depends on the type of look I’m going for that day. If I just do a wash of shadow, some mascara, blush and lip gloss, 5-10 minutes. If I’m going for a dramatic winged liner or smokey eye, I like to take my time, so about 20 minutes.
What do you do first, face or eyes?
– Again, It depends! If I’m not doing much with my eye makeup, I’ll do my base (foundation, concealer, powder) first. If I’m wearing different shadows, I’ll do my eyes first so that if there is any fall-out, I can clean it away without messing up my foundation.
Do you collect make-up or do you just buy what you need and when you need it?
– I am absolutely a makeup hoarder. Seriously, it’s bad. I have a very hard time going into a drugstore, sephora or department store without buying anything.
How often do you wear false eyelashes?
– Not very often. I wore individual lashes on my birthday and on a few nights out in the city. I wouldn’t wear them on an everyday basis.
Do you do a full-face make-up everyday?
– Yes! I think that a full face of makeup can look very natural so when I say a full face of makeup everyday, it could mean a small amount of foundation, blush, mascara, and tinted lip balm or lip gloss. A few products can really go a long way – I think if you could only use three products I would choose concealer, mascara and blush.
Do you wear make-up when you’re home alone or with your family?
– I do! Even if I am home all day doing work, I like to apply makeup because of how it makes me feel – it truly makes me feel better about myself. I also apply makeup when I’m home alone or don’t have any plans because I have so much, so I might as well use it!
Would you leave the house without make-up on?
– I probably wouldn’t leave the house without ANY makeup on. If I’m running to cvs or to the gym, the only product I’ll apply is a bit of concealer on blemishes and under my eyes.
How many high-end products do you own?
– A lot. I love a lot of high end brands – Chanel; YSL; Dior; Tom Ford; Jouer; Bobbi Brown… the list is endless. But, I also love drugstore makeup as well, and my favorite drugstore brands have to be Maybelline and Revlon.
Do you plan your OOTD every night or when you’re getting dressed?
– I wouldn’t say I plan my outfit everyday. Being in law school, there isn’t much time for that! I just open my drawer, sift through my sweaters and choose one.
How often do you change your handbag?
– I would say about every other month.
What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
– I usually try to get to sleep by 11pm, because I often have to wake up early – 6am or 7am.
Left-handed or right-handed?
– Right handed.
How tall are you?
– 5″3 – but I wish I were 5″8.
How many pets do you have?
– One – a Great Dane named Kaiser. He’s gigantic but is a total mush and I love him very much 🙂
How do you blog?
– I try to think of interesting looks or topics, and keep notes on my iPhone. I’ll look through my makeup bags and choose products I think would look good together for a certain celebrity look or face of the day, and go from there!
Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Do you keep a list of products you see on other blogs?
– In general, no.
How did you come up with your blog name?
– I can’t really remember! I just tried to think of what the blog would be about.
What’s your favorite color?
– Purple, teal.
Do you swear?
– Not very often.
What are you doing with the rest of your day?
– Studying for a criminal procedure final – womp womp.
I tag JoannaLoves to do this post!