1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees about this post.
Erika of Erika’s Secret Closet nominated me for the Sunshine Award – thank you, Erika! Let’s get right into it:
11 Facts about me:
- I am 26 . . . but am often told I look 18.
- I love eating clean/healthy – but I am a massive sweets person. Hagan Daaz Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream is life.
- I have been engaged for over two years. We’ll get around to making things official once we’ve completed our professional/graduate degrees. 😉
- I have OCD – like, crazypants OCD.
- My favorite author is Tom Robbins and my favorite book is Jitterbug Perfume.
- I have played the flute since second grade and plan on learning more instruments.
- I studied abroad in Florence, Italy my junior year of undergrad and cannot wait to go back
- Speaking of Italy, I plan on buying a rosetta stone and becoming fluent in Italian
- I could eat breakfast for every. single. meal.
- I am an only child and no, I never had imaginary friends growing up.
- A dream of mine is to one day work on a makeup line.
1. What made you pursue beauty blogging, or blogging in general?
I have always loved makeup – seriously, if you ask any one of my friends they will tell you. Two years ago I started a tumblr site and wrote just a few posts, and then stopped. I started up again because I just thought, I have all of this makeup, I love trying out new products and attempting to recreate celebrity makeup looks, so why not just write it all down?
2. Are you in college/have you finished college? What degree are you taking up/did you finish? If you aren’t/haven’t, are you planning to go to college? What degree do you plan to take up?
I have an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Communications, and am half-way finished with my law (J.D.) degree.
3. Have you ever considered a formal career in the beauty industry (makeup artist, full-time beauty blogger, etc.)? What’s holding you back (if any)?
I did! I used to want to be Bobbi Brown – I remembering buying her first book, Teenage Beauty, and literally studying it. I also wanted to go to Emerson College in Boston because that’s where she went. I guess I decided against a full-time beauty/cosmetology career because it is so hard to break into. I have always done my friends makeup and would love to do makeup on the side when I have time.
4. Have you ever taken/are you planning to take formal makeup lessons? If so, where?
I have not – but I would love to.
5. What skin care products do you use for your morning routine?
I honestly don’t use much because my skin is very sensitive and what I’m doing now has been working. I just wash my face with either soap and water or a Neutrogena scrub, and then apply Aveeno moisturizer followed by Maybelline Baby Skin.
6. What about your evening routine?
Same as above [minus the Baby Skin].
7. What is your go-to makeup look on an ordinary day out?
Hmm . . . it changes so often! Recently I have been loving washing either Mac Satin Taupe or Jouer Espresso over my lids, applying Maybelline gel liner [with a slight wing], Maybelline Falsies Mascara, Jouer bronzer on my cheeks, Nyx blush in Pinched or Summer Peach, and then whatever gloss/lipstick I have been loving. Recently, Nyx Beige, Jouer Meredith and Mac Jubilee have been my go-to lip products.
8. What makeup items do you usually take with you whenever you’re out?
Face powder, lip balm [Dior Creme de Rose], lipstick, lip gloss, eyeliner.
9. How much is the biggest you’ve spent for a single makeup purchase?
Oh boy . . . I think it has to be one of the Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quads ringing in at the oh so steep price of $78! [shock horror!]
10. What is your favorite makeup acquisition this 2013?
I have purchased so many products in 2013, I should probably be institutionalized. This is so tough! I think really discovering and developing a love for Jouer and Nyx has been awesome. Both brands are incredible and their products have quickly become my everyday staples.
11. What makeup collection are you looking forward to the most this upcoming 2014?
I always look forward to Tom Ford’s collections! I’m also excited to see what Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown have in store for all of us makeup lovers 😉
- My Closet Beauty Finds
- Page by Paige Beauty
- Colour Me Niki
- Being Pretty
- See Fancy Love
- Lulu’s Beauty Spot
- The Beauty Advice Blog
- Thoughts of Ann-Marie
- Beauty As I Know It
- Blogging Lullaby
- Urban Honey
My Questions . . .
- Which state/country are you from?
- Why blog?
- Bronzer – to contour? Or bronze up your face?
- Favorite drugstore makeup brand [and product]
- Favorite high-end makeup brand [and product]
- Favorite cereal? [I love cereal – PB cinnamon toast crunch for the win]
- Which makeup products will you be using on New Year’s Eve?
- Who is your makeup icon?
- Best movie you have seen recently [if you’ve seen Anchorman 2 – please let me know if it’s worth it!]
- Dream job?
- What new makeup product do you own and think that everyone who reads this needs to have?
Thank you for reading!