Happy Sunday! I cannot believe that tomorrow is already January 6th, my first day back to school after the holidays. It’s a melancholy feeling – having to get back in the swing of things, back to a normal routine after being able to relax, watch netflix and drink mulled wine nightly. If you’re in school I am sure you know what I’m talking about! I am not thrilled about my upcoming assignments, but I am very excited to tell all of you about some stand-out products that I have been absolutely loving recently. Most of them are new, but a couple have been favorites of mine for a while. I have been using all of them everyday recently for a soft, pretty everyday look.
- Jouer Mattifying Bronzer in Sunswept – no surprise here! I can’t express my love for this bronzer enough – it is just the perfect shade of bronze that will never make you look orange or muddy. It is also perfect for either contouring underneath cheek bones, or applying to cheeks, temples, and across the nose and chin for an all-over bronzed look. It is above all over bronzers in my book – yes, even Nars’ Laguna. Therefore, you need to check it out. 🙂
- Nyx Blush in Summer Peach – I am no stranger to Nyx Powder Blushes; Pinched has been a favorite of mine for a while. During a recent trip to Ulta I decided to pick up Summer Peach, a beautiful peachy-pink with fine shimmer [to me, it looks similar to Pinched, but is slightly more pink].
- Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment – I seriously love Wet n Wild eyeshadows – they are by far the best quality for your money at the drugstore. The shadows are so smooth and buttery, super blendable and have gorgeous pigmentation. This particular trio is perfect for everyday – I have been taking the Browbone shade all over my lids and on my browbone, and have been washing the Eyelid shade [a lighter version of Mac Satin Taupe] on my lids as well as smudging it on my lower lash line.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Eyeliner – I really love my Revlon Colorstay Eye Pen, however, if my eyes are even the slightest bit watery the liner smudges and creases almost instantly. On a recent trip to the drugstore I picked up this L’Oreal Waterproof Eyeliner in the hopes that I would be able to wear liquid liner even on the worst allergy days. After having used this liner for about a week, I have to say that it truly lives up to its waterproof claim. Even on days when my eyes were irritated or watering, there wasn’t a smudge in sight! My liner looked just as good at night as when I first applied it in the morning – wing in tact.
- Marc Jacobs Highline Gel Crayon – Another amazing waterproof eyeliner! I have been tight-lining my eyes with this black liner to make my lash line appear thicker. This is the only eyeliner I’ve used that won’t gather at the outer and inner corners of my eyes throughout the day.
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara – I fell back in love with this mascara recently after a brief hiatus, and after using it consistently for the past couple of weeks, I can’t believe I ever stopped using it!
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse – I recently purchased Mocha Muse after reading Tammie’s rave reviews of it on her blog Lipstick With Some Sunshine [check out her blog – it is wonderful!]. This shade is the most gorgeous nude that is perfect for everyday wear. The formula is also very moisturizing so that you won’t have to worry about applying chapstick or lip balm throughout the day.
- Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair – I am a massive fan of the Butter Glosses so on a recent trip to Target I just had to pick up another shade [you know the feeling, when a lip product is calling to you to purchase it?]. I have been loving wearing this creamy, pale pink shade overtop of Mocha Muse for a nice, glossy finish.
Which products have you been loving lately?