Urban Decay Naked3 Palette: Day and Night Looks

urban-decay-naked3

urban-decay-naked3

urban-decay-naked3

urban-decay-naked3

urban-decay-naked3

I don’t think I have ever been more excited to receive a beauty product in the mail than I was when I received Urban Decay’s Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette yesterday. Even after having looked at dozens of swatches of this palette online, I still was taken aback by its beauty when I swatched the shades for myself last night [a bit dramatic – but my beauty junkies out there know what I’m talking about!]. For this post I wanted to create a natural, shimmery eye look for daytime and a smokier, amped up look for a night out. To transition between the looks I didn’t completely re-do my eyes; instead, I blended three darker shades overtop of what I already had on. This way if you’re pressed for time, you’ll be good to go out at night after a quick touch-up!

Day-time: I began by washing Burnout all over my lids, up to the crease with the fluffy side of the brush. Next, using the same brush, I applied Nooner to my crease using a wind-screen wiper motion, and then in a v-shape, brought the shade down onto my lower lash line. To add a bit of sparkle I applied Buzz to the center of my lids, patting the shade on with my middle finger. Lastly, for a wide-eyed effect I applied Dust to the inner corners of my eyes.

Smoked-out: First, I applied factory over my lids [overtop of Buzz]. I then took a bit of Darkside and applied this shade to my crease, as well as to the outer-v. To smoke out my eyes a bit more I applied Blackheart as a liner to my upper lash line using the flat brush by wetting the brush first prior to dipping it into the shadow. Finally, I applied a small amount of Blackheart to the outer third of my lower lash line.

Have you tried this gorgeous palette?

1. January 9, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Sarah you are really tempting me to buy it now! I have seen it blogged about twice now and I really want it! πŸ™‚

• January 10, 2014 / 2:01 am

I think you should go for it! it is even more beautiful in person πŸ™‚

2. January 9, 2014 / 5:29 pm

Your looks look brilliant, I love pink eye shadows. It’s a shame I can’t afford the Naked 3 palette xoxo

• January 10, 2014 / 1:58 am

Thank you so much for the sweet comment! And I know what you mean – I used a gift card that I got for Christmas to purchase this palette πŸ™‚

• January 9, 2014 / 5:54 pm

Personally, I think that it is because out of the three palettes the Naked3 is the most different. I have the Naked2 as well and after playing around with the Naked3 for only a day, I have to say I like it more. I think that the shades are more flattering and they will be perfect for creating spring and summer looks!

3. January 9, 2014 / 6:33 pm

I absolutely love the looks that you’ve created! & you’re so, so pretty! I wish I could afford this palette but I just have too much to save for at the minute, unfortunately. Hopefully I’ll get it some day because it looks amazing!

Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    – xoxo

4. January 9, 2014 / 7:26 pm

Such pretty colors love how they are so natural !!!

5. January 9, 2014 / 8:08 pm

These are so pretty – great inspiration, I only just got mine and am loving exploring combinations!

• January 10, 2014 / 2:03 am

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with πŸ™‚

6. January 9, 2014 / 9:55 pm

SUCH a pretty and classic look on you! I’m straight-up obsessed with this palette. I use it every single day.

And yes – as a self-professed beauty junkie, I know the feeling of makeup taking you aback. I also have a tendency to run around my house clapping like a child and putting swatches 2 inches from my husband’s nose. “LOOK HOW FRICKIN’ PRETTY THIS IS!!” I should be committed. πŸ˜‰
    xoxo
    Linda

• January 10, 2014 / 2:04 am

Thank you! Haha, I’m glad I’m not alone! [my fiance thinks I am insane as well when I start to profess my love for a certain product]

7. January 9, 2014 / 11:57 pm

Thanks for the follow πŸ™‚ I love your blog. I’m in two minds whether to buy the Naked 3 palette as I have 1 and 2… do you think it’s worth it?? πŸ™‚

• January 10, 2014 / 1:59 am

Thank you so much! I do think that this palette is worth it – as the shades are much different than that of both Naked1 and Naked2.

8. January 10, 2014 / 12:56 am

You look stunning and the palette definitely fits you! I just got mine and I’m so excited to try it on!:)

9. January 10, 2014 / 1:28 am

So pretty! Of all the naked palettes, which one do you love the most?

• January 10, 2014 / 2:00 am

So far . . . I am loving this palette best! I think that pink tones can be very feminine and flattery on the eyes πŸ™‚

10. January 10, 2014 / 3:08 am

I love this palette. I’ve been meaning to blog about it too. Looks great on ya! xoxo

11. January 10, 2014 / 4:16 pm

I have the naked palette and I had been flirting with the idea of picking up the naked 2 then urban decay comes out with naked 3 and OMG I absolutely must have this palette. Rose golds are my fav!! I hope to own it very soon. GREAT Post btw, the looks are gorgeous❀️

12. January 10, 2014 / 6:15 pm

I think I need this palette in my life! I lovee the night time look πŸ™‚ shall be trying that!

13. January 10, 2014 / 7:07 pm

So pretty! We love this palette so much and are also giving it away on our blog!

14. January 11, 2014 / 12:54 pm

You look exquisite, as always. Great post! I haven’t gotten around to playing with my Naked 3 palette, so thanks for giving me looks to copy!

15. Ammara
    January 16, 2014 / 9:53 am

Hey, what mascara are you wearing in this picture? Or are your eyelashes naturally that thick?

• January 16, 2014 / 1:35 pm

I’m wearing Maybelline’s The Falsies! My lashes are naturally pretty long, but this mascara adds serious volume πŸ™‚

• Ammara
        January 16, 2014 / 2:30 pm

Okayy. Thank you! Falsies original or flared?

• January 16, 2014 / 4:32 pm