Happy Friday! Welcome to the first of what will be a monthly post featuring stand-out drugstore products that I believe are of excellent quality and are worth checking out. I have been using most of the products listed below for a little while now and I think that each of them are just as good as any similar high-end product on the market. Please let me know if you have tried any of these products in the comments below!
- Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore: I own Milani’s Baked Blush in what I think is the brand’s most popular shade, Luminoso – a shimmering peach-coral perfect for the warmer months. Berry Amore is a beautiful golden berry with fine shimmer that is great for this time of year, and adds a glow and warmth to the cheeks. It pairs well with a variety of looks, and looks particularly flattering if you’re wearing any of the Urban Decay Naked3 Palette shades.
- Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment: I have already discussed this palette here, so I’ll just say that the formula of Wet n Wild’s eyeshadows is superior to that of any drugstore brand I’ve come across, and these shades are great for creating everyday looks.
- Nyx Xtreme Shine Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz: I have been obsessed with this lip cream ever since I bought it – it delivers creamy, opaque color that lasts hours [seriously – through drinks and meals]. The formula feels comfortable on the lips, doesn’t settle into fine lines, and is non-drying. I have read reviews that mentioned these lip creams have an off-putting scent but to me, it is very faint and fades quickly. I can’t wait to pick up more shades – I’m looking at you, Candy Land and Buttery Nude!
- L’Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Eyeliner: Again, I have mentioned this eyeliner here – so I’ll just say it is truly waterproof and no matter how irritated or watery my eyes are on a particular day, this liner stays put.
- L’Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Nude Ballet: I wrote an entire post about this little beauty, and I love it even more now than when I first applied it. Nude Ballet is such a flattering nude, and the high-shine finish that this formula delivers is really lovely.
- Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Pink Light: I only just picked up this illuminator yesterday and after using it just once, I can already tell that it will be an everyday staple. I mixed a tiny amount of this product in with my foundation for a glow-y, lit from within look [glowy, not greasy], as well as dabbed it onto my cheek bones after having applied my base and blush.