Happy Monday! For today’s post I want to discuss a makeup product that can always be found in my handbag – eyeliner. I have spent years [literally] searching for the best eyeliners on the market, and the ones that I have listed below are absolutely brilliant. I have such an affinity for eyeliner because when worn properly [by not leaving any space between the liner and your lash line], it draws attention to what I think is the most attractive part of anyone’s face. I don’t discriminate when it comes to brand or type of liner – as I think that pencil, gel and liquid formulas work best in different ways.
Here is a list of what I think are some of the best eyeliners you can find at the department store and at the drugstore. Let me know what your favorite eyeliners are in the comments below!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Corrupt – the formula of these Urban Decay pencils is creamy and long-lasting – it won’t tug on your skin if you apply it to your upper lash line. I like pairing this dark brown shimmering liner with brown and taupe shadows, such as Mac Eyeshadows in Charcoal Brown and Satin Taupe. I think it also looks lovely with the Naked2 and Naked3 palettes
- Le Metier de Beaute Dualistic Eye Pencil in Tamarack – I love the Le Metier eye pencils so much because they serve two purposes; you can smudge it over you lid and wear it as a shadow or a base for a darker shadow, or wear it as a liner. When I do wear it as an eyeliner, I think that this golden-bronze shade looks best on the water line. If you like to wear a liner on your water line daily, I think that Tamarack is perfect because it adds definition without being as harsh as a black shade.
- Marc Jacobs Highline Gel Crayon – I’ve talked about this liner in other posts, so I’ll just say that it is perfect for tight-lining your eyes as well as wearing on the water line for a night out. This liner will not budge or gather at the corners of your eyes!
- Marc Jacobs Magic Marc’er Precision Pen – for the most perfect cat-eye of life, this pen is where it’s at. The felt tip makes drawing a perfect line a breeze, and it has the most beautiful, glossy finish. You also won’t have to worry about your liner fading or smudging all day long because of the formula’s waterproof qualities.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Precision Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – the formula of this liquid liner really blew me away – it is jet black and completely waterproof. If you’re not willing to splurge on the Marc Jacobs Precision Pen, I think that this is a great alternative [though it is a bit tricky to apply – but, practice makes perfect!]
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner – gel eyeliner has always been my favorite type of liner, and this gel formula by Maybelline is just as good as any high-end gel liner that I’ve tried. Wear a fine line of this eyeliner over a neutral eyeshadow for a chic, classic look.