This post is all about making eyes pop behind your frames. I recently got a new pair of reading glasses and to me, they are perfect – bold and nerdy! When I do wear my glasses I make a few adjustments to my usual makeup routine because although I love bold glasses, they have the tendency to swallow up your eyes and emphasize dark circles.
Here’s how I apply my makeup when I wear glasses – I hope you enjoy!
- Conceal: glasses can cast a shadow underneath your eyes so it is important to make sure you use a brightening concealer and set it with powder so that it stays put! I like to use Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche Concealer and set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
- Brighten: apply a champagne shimmer eyeshadow to the center of the lids and inner corners to open up the eye area. I used the light shimmer shade from the Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette. To further open up my eyes, I apply a light, flesh-toned pencil to my water line. For this look I used the Nyx Wonder Pencil in 01 Light.
- Add depth: apply a warm brown shade to the crease – I used a reddish-brown shade from the Rich Chocolate Palette and applied this to my crease using a wind-screen wiper motion.
- Define: to make eyes pop behind a set of glasses you want to frame your eyes with liner – I like to use dark browns or plum shades. Instead of using a pencil liner, I applied the darkest shade in the Rich Chocolate Palette with a liner brush that I wet prior to dipping in the shadow.
- Bold Brows: I fill in my brows a bit more than usual when wearing glasses because my frames cover parts of them up. I used an angled brush and Mac Charcoal Brown eyeshadow.
- Add pops of pink: when wearing glasses I want my eyes to stand out, so I don’t do much with my cheeks and lips. On my cheeks I used Bobbi Brown’s Blush in Pastel Pink, and applied it a bit lower than I normally would to make sure that the color isn’t covered up by my frames. On my lips I went with a neutral, pretty pink – Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Tutu, and because I always need a gloss, I applied Pink Sugar Lip Gloss overtop.