Since I am a self-proclaimed lipstick/lip gloss hoarder, I’ve decided that I’m going to publish dedicated lip product posts every month or so. For this first post I’m talking lipsticks that are perfect for everyday wear – not too pale, not too dark, not too bright – that just right shade of pink/brown/peach that goes with any and every look.
The lipsticks I have listed below are ones that I have had for only a few months or less, but they have quickly become favorites that never leave my top shelf.
- Mac Lustre Lipstick in Jubilee: this shade is the most brown of the bunch, bust still looks completely natural because of the creamy, shine finish of the Lustre formula. I love wearing Jubilee on its own for a natural lip look, or with Nyx Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beautiful overtop.
- Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Meredith: the formula of the Jouer Hydrating Lipsticks is one of my all-time favorites, and Meredith has been one of my go-to shades since I purchased it. It is a gorgeous nude-peachy-pink that delivers opaque, long-lasting color with one swipe. The hydrating, creamy formula ensures that lips won’t feel the least bit dry or chapped at the end of the day.
- Lipstick Queen Saint Pinky Nude Lipstick: this shade is sheerer than Meredith and leans more pink. The formula is similar to that of the Mac Lustres – creamy texture that delivers a shine finish. Despite being on the sheerer side, this lipstick is still pretty long-lasting, and stays on my lips for about four hours before I have to reapply. I love wearing this shade on its own, or with a pink shimmer gloss like Nars Super Orgasm overtop.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink In The Afternoon: this shade is the most pink out of the bunch, and I would describe it as a warm pink-coral. The formula of the Super Lustrous Lipsticks is one of my favorites at the drugstore because of its creamy, moisturizing qualities. Pink In The Afternoon is a classic shade that I like to pair with black liquid or gel winged liner on the eyes, and peachy-pink blush on the cheeks.
- Nyx Black Label Lipstick in Bling: to me this formula delivers the most opaque color out of the five lipsticks I have listed, and leans more mauve than pink. When I wear this shade I first apply it straight from the tube, and then sheer it out a bit with a fingertip. I love wearing Bling on its own, or with Mac Plushglass in Posh It Up overtop.