I am so excited for this post because I have been absolutely loving the products I have picked up at the drugstore recently. I am so impressed with some of the new launches, and am blown away by the quality of the formulas as well as the color selection.
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Not Just Nudes: this palette of neutral cream shadows may not be new, but I am so happy I picked it up on a whim last week. The shades in Not Just Nudes are perfect for achieving a glowing eye look – I have been taking the second lightest shade and applying it to my lids with fingertips, and then taking the matte brown into my crease. The formula of these shadows is very creamy, so it does tend to crease a bit even with the help of a primer. However, I am really liking the look of a sheeny, glossy eye so I don’t mind it.
- Maybelline Color Show The Nudes in Bare It All: the next few products are from Maybelline’s Dare To Go Nude Spring 2014 Campaign, a collection of perfectly coordinating nude, brown and pink shades that is right up my street. The nail polish in Bare It All is a gorgeous creamy, light peach-nude that I will be wearing throughout spring and summer.
- Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Nude Embrace: I love the creamy formula of these lipsticks and how comfortable they are to wear. Nude Embrace is a pale mauve-pink that I think looks really chic sheered out on the lips. This shade may not be for everyone as it is very pale, but I think it is very wearable if you apply it lightly and top it with a nude gloss.
- Maybelline Masterdrama Eyeliner in Bold Brown: this liner is a dark brown with a bit of shimmer and pairs really nicely with the Revlon cream shadows. It has lasted a full 10 hours on me without fading or smudging!
- Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss: I have saved the best for last! Milani really outdid themselves with these glosses; they are moisturizing, long-lasting, smell like butterscotch, and come in an array of gorgeous colors. I wouldn’t describe the formula as sticky at all, but it is slightly tacky. I own the shades Pink Lady, a sheer bright, cool pink, Nude Touch, a sheer gloss with golden-pink shimmer, and Bare Secret, a creamy nude brown that is an almost perfect dupe for two of my favorite lip glosses – Sisley Phyto Gloss in 1 and Burberry Lip Glow in Nutmeg.
Have you tried any of these stand-out products?