Ok guys – you’re going to just have to trust me on this one. I know it looks a little cray, but the combination of grilled chicken, pineapple, shredded mozzarella and BBQ sauce is so incredibly tasty, that I’m going to have to make this on a regular basis. Phew, now that I got that out of the way, let’s talk about how I came up with this super easy faux-pizza.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have an evidence class from 7:30pm to 10:15pm, so I have to whip something up quickly and eat it right before I leave so that I am not starving during those three hours. Last night I looked in my refrigerator – my fiance had cooked the package of thin sliced chicken breasts the night before, and had sliced up fresh pineapple. We also had whole wheat tortillas, and I thought – yes – I am going to use that as my faux pizza dough [a trick I had learned from Kris of Young Married Chic a few years back]. To spice things up a bit [Jake thought I was crazy for suggesting this] I added a bit of low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese and BBQ sauce. The result? A delicious, incredibly flavorful dinner that kept me full past my class.
Here’s my Chicken Pineapple Faux-Pizza Recipe:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Slice one thin chicken breast into cubes, and set aside. Do the same with pineapple – I cut up three larger chunks into smaller slices
- Place one whole wheat tortilla into the oven, and let sit for about one minute, or until you see the tortilla start to bubble up [basically – you want the tortilla to be slightly crisp]
- Layer the chicken and pineapple onto the tortilla, and top with about a handful of shredded mozzarella, and a tablespoon of BBQ sauce
- Set the “pizza” back into the oven for about another minute, or until you see the cheese start to melt