I have seen this tag going around, and have watched some of my favorite YouTubers go through all of the questions, so I am really excited to participate [thank you for tagging me allgusiedup!]. If you’ve been following me for a little while, it should come as no surprise that I am a self-proclaimed lip product hoarder who has somewhere between 5 to 7 lip products on hand at all times. Lip gloss was my first love when it comes to makeup, and got me hooked on collecting and trying out new colors and formulas.
On with the questions!
1. Favorite balm/treatment – hands-down, this goes to the Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm. I purchased my first pot of this magic balm about four years ago, and am now on my third. I love this stuff so much; I apply it at night right before I go to bed, and in the morning after I get out of the shower and it keeps my lips smooth, hydrated and chap-free all day long. I actually reviewed this balm in one of my first blog posts!
2. Favorite Eye-Catching Red – Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Pout – it may not be the most long-lasting formula [it is a gloss], but most eye-catching? No doubt. I love how creamy the formula of this gloss is, and how full it makes my lips look. If you don’t own anything from Gorgeous Cosmetics at the moment – I absolutely recommend checking them out! [see a lip swatch here!]
3. Best Luxury – I am going to cheat here and say my favorite luxury lipstick for summer is YSL’s Rouge Volupte Shine in 15, a beautiful creamy peach, and my favorite luxury lipstick for winter is Tom Ford’s Pink Dusk, a perfect nude-brown-pink. Both brands make incredible lipstick formulas, and I am crazy about the packaging of both lipsticks.
4. Best Drugstore – I am going to cheat again! Sorry! Just couldn’t narrow it down. For lipstick, I am absolutely loving the Revlon Matte/Lacquer balms in Complex and Demure, respectively. The quality of these lipsticks is excellent for the drugstore. For gloss, I had to pick the Nyx Butter Glosses. They are just perfect – creamy formula, opaque color, smell amazing, lots of gorgeous shades to choose from. What’s not to love?
5. Best Mac Lipstick – I struggled with choosing only one Mac lipstick, but eventually decided on Peach Blossom [Shy Girl and Jubilee were close runners up]. Peach Blossom is a lovely sheeny, pinky-peach that looks incredible on the lips, and pairs well with any type of look you want to go for.
6. Most Disappointing – I hate knocking products/brands, but this one definitely let me down. Per-Fekt Cosmetics peaked my interest when I read that some of the products were used on Blake Lively in Gossip Girl. When I was browsing in Sephora one day a couple of years ago, I came across a Per-Fekt Cosmetics display, and chose one of the Lip Perfection Gels in the shade Sunset. I love the packaging, however, when I applied the product to my lips it felt incredibly gritty, not very moisturizing, and the color faded almost instantly.
7. Liner? – I’m not usually one for liner, but I do sometimes wear a nude pencil to even out my lip lines underneath gloss or a neutral lipstick [my favorite as of late is the Nyx Retractable Lip Liner in Nude]. Please leave your red lip liner recommendations in the comments!
8. Best Gloss – Guys, you know me and lip gloss. I narrowed it down to my top three of the moment – all are non-sticky, incredibly comfortable, and provide gorgeous color and shine. YSL Gloss Volupte in 19 and Nars Istria are pretty similar in color, but I’d say the YSL gloss is a bit warmer in tone and contains more gold shimmer. My third pick is Becca Colour Gloss in Miami Vice, the most perfect peach shade of life.
9. Favorite Nude – Surprise! I added another question because of my undying love for nude lipsticks. I am absolutely in love with Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Moody Margot because 1 – it is a gorgeous pale pinky nude that doesn’t wash me out; 2 – has an incredible, lip-hugging formula; and 3 – the shade was inspired by one of my favorite movies of all time – the Royal Tenenbaums.
10. Something Extra – my “something extra” has to be my custom Bite Beauty lipstick that I created at the Bite Lip Lab in NYC. The experience was so much fun, I highly recommend going there if you live in NY or are planning a trip in the future. I went over my winter break, so I decided to create a warm pinky-brown shade. Read more about my experience here!
Thanks so much for reading! I tag anyone who would like to participate in this tag – and let me know if you have done this post and link to your page in the comments below!