To me, nude lip gloss is understated, chic, and looks gorgeous all year long, no matter what the occasion. It reminds me of one of the great beauty icons, Brigitte Bardot – and who wouldn’t want her pretty pout?!
I have tried out my fair share of nude glosses, and these are the best I’ve found:
- Tom Ford’s Rose Crush is the deepest and most pigmented of the bunch. It is a beautiful rose-brown nude that both looks and feels really luxurious. The consistency is very creamy, and is just the slightest bit tacky. Total go-to for fall and winter.
- Milani’s Bare Secret is a semi-opaque nude gloss that is a great affordable dupe for Burberry’s Nutmeg [the last swatch]. If you don’t mind a tacky gloss, this is an awesome option at the drugstore.
- Sisley’s Phyto Gloss in 1 is a gorgeous lighter nude that has incredible light reflective qualities. It has a really smooth formula, and is really comfortable on the lips. This shade is the perfect compliment to a brown smokey eye.
- Revlon’s Super Natural is more pink than the other shades, which is why I find it to be a perfect nude for summer. The formula of the Super Lustrous glosses is not sticky or tacky in the least, and they have pretty impressive lasting power.
- Burberry’s Nutmeg has been a favorite of mine for over a year now – it is a perfect, semi-sheer nude that enhances the natural look of lips.
What are your favorite nude glosses?