Three Amazing Drugstore Foundations for All Types of Coverage

three-drugstore-foundations

A quick post today about three tried and true foundations that I use all the time. What’s so great about this selection is that they provide different levels of coverage, and, in my opinion, would work well on all skin types.

L’Oreal’s True Match Foundation provides a medium to full coverage, and reminds me a lot of Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk. It has a velvety finish with just a slight hint of glow, and has great lasting power. Need more proof of how awesome this foundation is? The other day, a complete stranger told me how great my skin looked, asked me if I was wearing foundation, and couldn’t believe how well it matched my skin tone.

Maybelline’s Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation provides slightly less coverage than True Match, and has a semi-matte finish. I really love wearing this foundation without powder for more of a natural, glow-y look.

L’Oreal’s Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream is hands down, by far the best BB cream I have used from the drugstore. Unlike others that have left me feeling greasy just an hour after application, L’Oreal’s version keeps my skin matte [but not too matte – this BB cream is definitely not drying] for hours.ย While it provides a light coverage, it still evens out skin tone and blurs imperfections very, very well.

1. August 22, 2014 / 2:46 am

I love L’Oreal’s True Match and Maybelline’s Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundations as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. August 22, 2014 / 3:18 am

Haven’t tried the Dream Wonder, but the True Match is my newest favourite and the L’oreal BB cream is hands down my fave BB cream.. I think I’m on my 2nd tube already!. Great post!!

3. Beautyfollower
    August 22, 2014 / 12:24 pm

How can you tell which ones match your skin tone so you know which one to buy?

August 25, 2014 / 11:50 pm

I think I can just tell from years of picking out shades for myself [unfortunately, it isn’t easy in the drugstore]. If you pick a shade that doesn’t match you, you should definitely be able to return it! You could also go to a makeup counter at a department store and ask them if they think your skin tone is cool, warm, or in between. This could help since a lot of drugstore foundations are categorized by those terms.

4. August 22, 2014 / 12:40 pm

Very happy to see you like the Maybelline dream wonder foundation I just purchased it and am really excited to try it!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

August 25, 2014 / 11:48 pm

You’ll have to tell me how you like it!!

5. Michelle Mallalieu
    August 22, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Hi Sarah!! Jess told me about ur blog and I am hooked!!! Every lipgloss or lipstick I buy, I have to go back and pick one up for my mom too!!! Thanks for sharing!

August 25, 2014 / 11:48 pm

Ahh thank you so much!! You’ll have to let me know what you got ๐Ÿ™‚

6. August 22, 2014 / 2:57 pm

I’ve been loving the Dream Wonder… I can’t decide how I feel about the applicator, but overall it is such a great formula. I’ll have to pick up the other two. Thanks for sharing!

August 25, 2014 / 11:47 pm

You should definitely pick up the other two! True Match has a bit more coverage, and the BB cream is perfect for no-makeup-makeup days ๐Ÿ™‚

7. August 23, 2014 / 9:55 pm

I keep seeing about the liquid touch! I would love to try it. I also really love cover girls pressed powder!

August 25, 2014 / 11:44 pm

You definitely should try it – it’s awesome!