It’s no secret – I love fall, and I most certainly love all things pumpkin. I feel like when most people think of fall and pumpkin, they immediately think of a pumpkin spice latte. And, though I have definitely had my fair share of this delicious drink already, today I want to share with you a few of my favorite non-latte pumpkin treats!
- Pumpkin Pancakes – I think Trader Joe’s has the best selection of pumpkin goodies out of any grocery store out there. When I saw this dairy free, gluten free pancake mix on the shelves a couple of weeks ago, I knew it was coming home with me. When I say this is the best boxed mix I have ever had – I mean it. The pancakes have the most perfect consistency, fluffy, not too dense. And the flavor – oh my god, I could go on and on; believe me, you’d never know they were dairy free, gluten free, free of anything, really. The pumpkin flavor is definitely there, but it isn’t overpowering.
- Pumpkin Macaroons – another treat I snagged from Trader Joes. These have a stronger pumpkin flavor than the pancakes, but they are just as delicious. You are supposed to leave them out for a while after taking them out of the freezer, but I actually enjoy them cold.
- Pumpkin Toaster Pastries – . . . from Trader Joe’s. Are you sensing a theme? Don’t be fooled – this is not your average pop tart! These toaster pastries are made with organic wheat flour, organic cane sugar, and organic pumpkin puree. Pop one of these in the microwave for a minute – you’re welcome.
- Pumpkin Lip Gloss – I got this gloss from Bath and Body Works a while ago, and can’t bear to part with it – it smells that good.
- And More Pumpkin – speaking of Bath and Body Works, I think they offer pretty much any sort of lotion, candle, or sanitizer in a pumpkin scent. I plan on stocking up on the sweet cinnamon pumpkin candle and body lotion – yum.