My Ultimate Dark Lip Combo

nars-audacious-liv

nars-liv-swatch

I rarely stray from my favorite nude and pink lipsticks; I’ve never been a huge fan of bolds, and I have a hard time finding red shades that flatter me. What I do have a weakness for, however, are really dark, vampy purples. I find that these colors are more unique, and definitely more striking than your average bold.

I ordered Nars Audacious Lipstick in Liv from the Sephora VIB sale, and I am so glad I did. This deep eggplant is really stunning, and I think that it is a shade that will suit a multitude of skin tones – I have never received so many compliments from strangers about my lip color before!

Because this shade is so dark, I highly recommend pairing it with a lip liner to ensure that your lip lines are even [and this makes color stay put for longer]. Mac’s Nightmoth, a dark plum, [and the darkest liner they have] is the perfect companion to this lipstick.

Shop the post:

1. November 25, 2014 / 7:49 pm

Such a stunning shade! I so need to invest in a colour like this for Winter x

2. November 25, 2014 / 8:00 pm

Ooh this looks lovely! I’m hankering after more dark lipsticks.
    Ting x

3. November 25, 2014 / 9:16 pm

I love this colour along with all the other dark lipsticks out there I just wish I could pull them off! I always see other people wearing them and I’m like yeah I’m gonna wear mine tomorrow but I always end up wiping it off! Xx

4. November 25, 2014 / 9:53 pm

That shade looks so beautiful on you!!! I definitely have a weakness when it comes to vampy shades too. I don’t go crazy over reds/pinks/other bolds but give my burgundy and I’m all over it.
    I’m getting slightly convinced to go by that NARS Lipstick!

5. November 26, 2014 / 3:43 am

Does the lip color smudge easily? I love deep reds in the winter but my boyfriend isn’t as big of a fan (apparently it’s not his color). Need a great kissable red!

6. November 26, 2014 / 6:16 am

The color looks great on you! You should try out NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu. It’s a dark purple vampy shade and I have a feeling you’d like it. 🙂

x Erika of Erika’s Secret Closet

7. November 26, 2014 / 6:48 am

I love this combo on you! I’m looking at Liv for my next Audacious purchase.

8. November 26, 2014 / 3:27 pm

In love with this colour, I’m a huge fan of dark purples this season, definitely need this shade!! X

9. November 26, 2014 / 5:18 pm

Absolutely love that on you. I have been itching to buy some audacious lipsticks… Now this one surely tops the list.

10. November 26, 2014 / 8:33 pm

Gorgeous color, it looks so nice on you! I can’t wait to buy an Audacious lipstick – they look amazing!

11. November 27, 2014 / 9:20 pm

That’s my favourite combo as well!!! Got Liv some weeks ago and the same day I bought Nightmoth to go with it. Havent’t looked back ever since!!

12. December 8, 2014 / 4:54 am

Have you tried MAC lipglass in the shade Rebel? Loooove! A little brighter of a purple and a little more red. But so pretty….