New Year’s Eve: The Makeup

nye-makeup-final

This New Year’s Eve will be spent in NYC – for the first time! I’ve always been hesitant to head into the city on NYE – crazy crowds + crazy expensive bar prices isn’t the most appealing combination – but my friend [who I haven’t seen in almost a year!] found us a deal too good to pass up.

I’ll be sticking with glitter to ring in the new year, thanks to Charlotte Tilbury’s Dolce Vita palette. I also plan on going a bit heavier with my winged eyeliner than usual, with Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner. To balance out this heavy eye look, I’ll use neutral cheek and lip shades – Cheek to Chic blush in First Love, Pillow Talk Lip Pencil, and my new pinky-nude lipstick I had made at the Bite Beauty Lip Lab! I’ll keep a gloss [or two . . . or three] on hand throughout the night for touch-ups – Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Lucky, Nyx Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beautiful, and Marc Jacobs Gloss in Kissability have the perfect amount of sparkle for a night out.

For a natural, flawless complexion I’ll use my favorite combo – Glossier Skin Tint to even out tone, and L’Oreal Super Blendable Concealer to spot conceal and cover dark circles.

What are you planning on wearing this New Year’s Eve?

December 31, 2014 / 12:24 am

Thank you!! Have a very safe + happy new year’s!

1. Carly
    December 29, 2014 / 10:38 pm

Love the bite lipstick! Do you mind if I ask what the formula was (i.e. what percent for each color)? I made a pinky nude lipstick there over the summer and want to compare the color! I love that you can pick the scent and finish there too.

December 31, 2014 / 12:24 am

1/2 Vouvray, 1/2 Retsina, 1/8 Chestnut,sheer formula, with a bit of golden shimmer 🙂 I added a mixture of Violet + Cherry for the scent, soo good!!

2. December 29, 2014 / 10:50 pm

I was going to ask the same thing about the formula. I was just at the lip lab last week! I was trying to make a pink nude, but they kept making them so brown based I gave up and made a mauvey pink. But I am still pouting a bit I didn’t make my nude. I was a bit overwhelmed with excitement!

December 31, 2014 / 12:24 am

Ahh one I made last year is a deeper, more dusty shade. This one is 1/2 Vouvray, 1/2 Retsina, 1/8 Chestnut,sheer formula, with a bit of golden shimmer!

• December 31, 2014 / 7:55 pm

I was thinking of doing 1/2 vouvray and 1/2 retsina the next time I go! Nice to see it already done. Mine was 1/2 meritage, 1/4 rose and 1/4 vouvray and I got it matte 🙂

Thanks for replying!

3. December 29, 2014 / 11:15 pm

I bet this look is going to be stunning! I have always wanted to try Charlotte Tilbury but it’s far out of my price range!

December 31, 2014 / 12:22 am

Thank you!! I’ll try to find a more affordable dupe!

4. December 30, 2014 / 1:03 am

Gorgeous makeup! NYE in NYC would be so exciting! I can imagine the crowds would be absolutely crazy though. Have fun!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

December 31, 2014 / 12:21 am

Thank you!! You, too!! xx

December 31, 2014 / 12:21 am

It’s so great – perfect for nights out!!

5. January 14, 2015 / 7:36 pm

I love your images, they look so crisp! I just wanted to let know you that I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award; you don’t have to take part it’s just a nice way to get to know bloggers and for my to show how much I like your blog 🙂 http://goo.gl/OAwtte Nicole xo

January 18, 2015 / 7:09 pm

Thank you so much for the compliment!! 🙂