January was pretty crappy weather-wise, but the above favorites kept me feeling [and my face looking] a bit brighter.
- Charlotte Tilbury First Love Blush – I reached for this neutral blush almost everyday this past month. It’s easy in that you don’t have to think about blending or what it will or won’t go with, because it goes with everything from a dark smokey eye to a bare face.
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush – I spotted this rose gold beauty in Ulta a few weeks ago and couldn’t leave without it. The bristles are so, so soft, and its shape is perfect for depositing just the right amount of color to cheeks.
- Mac Woodwinked – this bronze-y gold shadow has been a favorite for a long time. It requires very little blending, which is why I kept reaching for it on days when I had little time to get ready. It is a one-wash wonder shade – it’s multi-dimensional qualities make it look like you took extra time to blend two or three colors on your lids. Magic? I think so.
- Tanya Burr Lip Gloss Lunch Date – another really easy, everyday product to have on-hand. This shade is a sheer pinky-nude [I wonder how many times I’ve said pinky-nude on here – probably too many to count] that looks pretty on its own, or overtop of Mac Patisserie or Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip liner.
- Tula Illuminating Face Serum – Tula has turned me into a face serum lover – others I’ve used have broken me out. I apply this light-weight serum before moisturizer in the morning, and I have definitely been able to tell a difference – my skin looks clearer + brighter than usual, and I’ve had less blemish issues than ever this past month.
- YSL Sheer Candy No. 15 – this hydrating, sheer glossy lipstick has been a staple in my bag all month. This shade of pink is like no other I own – you really have to go swatch it for yourself, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Nails Inc Gel Effects in Uptown – this opaque, mauve-y nude shade is a great alternative to my standard dark purples or sheer pinks that I usually gravitate towards during the winter, and I think that this color would look beautiful against all skin tones. As for formula, this polish has a noticeably thicker consistency than your average polish, and lasted about a week and a half on my nails before chipping.
- Bite Champagne Agave Lip Mask – a thick, rose gold colored balm that keeps lips moisturized and tastes like sugar. Like all Bite products I’ve tried, this one’s a winner.
- Topshop Glow – yet another quick + easy product! When I wanted to add a bit more sheen to my cheeks, I would get a bit of product on my middle finger, and tap it right onto my cheekbones – no blending required.
What are your January favorites?
Shop the post: