Let’s Discuss: High + Low

banner-2Happy snowy morning! You guys know that I don’t discriminate when it comes to beauty – whether it comes from the drugstore, or Neiman Marcus, I’ll try it all.

I have so many makeup favorites at so many price points. For instance, take the above products. On the left are two of my top high-end lip products, and on the right are two new drugstore loves, L’Oreal’s Brow Stylist Plumper and Maybelline Line Stiletto, to be exact.

This got me thinking about your favorites – I’m always looking for good recommendations, so I’d love it if you’d leave your top high and low end makeup items in the comments!

1. February 26, 2015 / 1:17 pm

High: Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation.
    Low: currently Maybelline lipstick in Blushing Beige, but this changes on a weekly basis! πŸ™‚

2. February 26, 2015 / 2:17 pm

High: Marc Jacobs Nude Sheer Lip Gel (OMG this is amazing) – in strange magic
    Low: Almay Intense I-Color eyeliner

3. February 26, 2015 / 2:27 pm

I almost always research drugstore products before I buy em so I know I’m getting my moneys worth!

4. February 26, 2015 / 4:03 pm

I’ve been loving the new Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara from the drugstore, and have been obsessing over the MAKE Satin Finish Blush on the high end!

March 2, 2015 / 11:46 pm

I’ve heard about MAKE, but have never tried anything. I’ll look into it now!

5. February 26, 2015 / 7:24 pm

The L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows are amazing (Amber Rush is my holy grail shadow)! On the high end, I’ve been totally obsessed with the Lorac palettes.

• February 27, 2015 / 3:46 pm

Have you tried Younqiues 3D Fiber lash Mascara?! its naturally based, gluten free and paraben free. Gives your lashes 300% increase in volume and length! Younqiue also has a 14day love it guarantee! So we’ve got you covered! I also do a referral link for my bloggers, they have tried the product, posted a pic and their love for the products then the link below. your friends, family and followers can place their orders for Younqiues products through your link and you get FREE MAKEUP πŸ™‚ you can’t go wrong with that! Just wanted to extend this offer to you as I have for my other bloggers.
      Take Care and Happy Friday! You can view our products here and place and order ( this is a referral link for one of my other girls) Feel free to reach out to me w/ any questions.

6. February 26, 2015 / 8:37 pm

My higher end recommendation would be the Tartelette palette. It is gorgeous!! My drugstore recommendation would be Milani’s Bella Shadows and their statement lipstick.

March 2, 2015 / 11:45 pm

I have to try those Milani shadows!!

• March 3, 2015 / 12:16 am

Oh yes! The Milani shadows are amazing!! πŸ™‚

7. February 26, 2015 / 10:17 pm

For higher end I love all my Nars/Estee Lauder foundations etc, but I still love the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation the most and thats a low end one! I try them all though x

Through New Eyes x

March 2, 2015 / 11:45 pm

I’ve read so many good things about that Bourjois foundation – I wish it was available in the US!

8. February 27, 2015 / 2:43 am

Thank you for giving me a daily outlet for an extremely stressful professional and personal life. Look forward to it daily!! Xo
    Dr Kimberly Knopf

March 2, 2015 / 11:44 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment!!! πŸ™‚

9. February 28, 2015 / 4:33 am

I’ve been thinking the same thing! Just did a full drugstore dupes video for my favorite high end products that might help πŸ™‚ Most recently the Marc Beauty Contour kit, Le Marc, NUDESTIX have been all I crave and wear lately. Also the Dior Nude Air foundation is perfect lightweight love. My review will go up tomorrow on my channel for it as well, but you gotta try it!

March 2, 2015 / 11:44 pm

Ahhh I have to try the NUDESTIX pencils! I keep seeing great reviews! πŸ™‚

10. February 28, 2015 / 7:57 am

Love your blog! High end – Cle de Peau lipsticks (the formulas are exquisite). Low end – Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner (063 is amazing).

March 2, 2015 / 11:43 pm

Thank you!! I have one Cle de Peau lipstick, and I love it!