A Fresh Spring Makeup with Marc Jacobs

marc-jacobs-spring-neutrals-1

marc-jacobs-spring-neutrals-2

marc-jacobs-spring-neutrals-3

Marc Jacobs really has everyone covered with the brand’s spring offerings – love your reds? Then you must check out the Le Marc Lip Creme lipsticks [my favorite of the bunch being Core Cora]. Can’t get enough neutrals? Say hello to New Nudes. Loving the whole No Makeup Makeup, I Woke Up Like This face [a la Dakota Johnson on the cover of Vogue]? The Instamarc Light Filtering Contour Palette will help you achieve it.

As you can imagine, I’m very into the whole spring neutrals craze – for lips, face, eyes, nails, and yes, even clothing. So naturally I was drawn to the New Nudes line. What I appreciate most about these lipsticks is that there is a shade that suits everyone.

The two shades shown above are Have We Met? a beautiful sheer bright pink with shimmer, and Role Play, a lovely sheer, sophisticated rosy brown that is perfect for any day, and any occasion. If you’re familiar with Marc beauty then you’ll recognize these names – the lip gel line contains slightly deeper, more pigmented versions. I own Have We Met? in the original formulation, and it does appear brighter and more pink on the lips. It’s great for a stronger pop of pink on the lips, but I prefer this toned-down version for everyday.

Onto the contour palette – Dream Filter – isn’t she a thing of beauty? I’ve never been a massive fan of contouring, but the brown shade in this palette is subtle enough, and also the perfect neutral brown matte tone, for achieving a very natural contoured look. I like how it is on the sheer side, so there’s no need to worry about picking too much product up with a brush and looking like you’ve just drawn a thick brown line on the side of your face. I use a small Sigma contour brush, pick up a bit of product, and then draw a v-shape starting at my temple, coming down underneath my cheekbone. I then blend this line out with a fluffy blush brush. I sweep the lighter shade shade on the tops of my cheek bones, and down the bridge of my nose for a natural looking highlight.

Have you picked up anything from Marc Jacobs Beauty for spring?

Shop the post:

1. March 24, 2015 / 8:50 pm

I have Role Play and Eat Cake from the nude lip line and love them. The lip liners are great too!

March 26, 2015 / 11:56 am

Ahh I really want to get my hands on Eat Cake!

2. March 24, 2015 / 11:40 pm

OMG I’d looove to get my hands on this contour palette… I have the bronzer by Marc Jacobs so I can imagine this to be all kinds of awesome, too! Great post, thanks for sharing!

March 26, 2015 / 11:56 am

It really is beautiful! Thank you!!

3. March 25, 2015 / 3:22 am

hmmm…interesting. I have not tried these yet but I am considering it. They seem like good ones.

March 26, 2015 / 11:56 am

They really are – I highly recommend testing them out in Sephora!

4. March 25, 2015 / 1:38 pm

I have the original formulation of Role Play, so I’m wondering how the new one is. I haven’t worn mine for a long time (which should probably tell you something, or I have too much makeup). I was wondering about the Marc contour palette. I just got the new Lancome contour stick that has the contour on 1 end, highlighter on the other. Does the highlighter in this palette have shimmer at all? The Lancome stick has a very natural sheen to it, but you still don’t want to use too much of it.

March 26, 2015 / 11:54 am

It is a bit more sheer (I don’t own the original version of Role Play, but I have swatched it in stores). The palette does not have any shimmer, which I love because it looks so natural on the skin – definitely helps to achieve more of a natural shadow/contour than shimmery bronzers I own

5. March 26, 2015 / 1:08 am

Role Play has been an everyday go to for me as well and the contour palette is amazing! The powder is so soft, smooth, velvety, and blend-abe 🙂 Always inspired by your simple effortless chic style

March 26, 2015 / 11:51 am

It really is!! Thank you so much, Serein 🙂 I always love your posts + videos!