Happy Friday! I felt as though I didn’t have much of a Friday/weekend last week, so I’m really looking forward to a bit of downtime over the next few days [in between an exam and paper writing, of course].
In addition to being hectic, last week was a little stress-inducing, and I felt a bit off because of it. I got to thinking about how I deal with stress and having these types of days, and realized I always gravitate towards the same things/activities. I wanted to share them with you today, in case you’re feeling similarly, or are just having a really busy/run-around week!
- Hit the gym – endorphins! It’s true – working out leaves me feeling energized, and ready to tackle whatever the day may bring.
- Get ready – I’m talking hair, makeup, outfit – the works. I always feel a bit bleh if I stay in workout clothes all day.
- Take time to escape – It’s Always Sunny, Modern Family, Pretty Little Liars, The OC, Bridesmaids – all shows/movies I turn on when I need a break [and a laugh].
- Eat clean – eating multiple slices of pizza [ok, a whole pie] and chowing down on ice cream and spoonfuls of nutella feels great in the moment, but I always regret it the day after. If I eat clean and healthy during the day, I, without fail, feel much better the next day.
- Chopin – closing my eyes for a few minutes and turning up Nocturne op. 9 No. 2 always calms my nerves [and if you’re in school, the Classical for Studying station on Pandora is wonderful!].
Lastly, here are a few highlights/what I’ve been loving:
- I’ve been obsessed with the three lip products above – Charlotte Tilbury gloss in Blondie, Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Nude Kate, and Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Catherine. All are really easy, neutral colors – perfect for everyday wear.
- I am so, so excited to announce that I was featured in the Spring 2015 issue of cupcakeMAG! Read the article and learn about some of my spring makeup/skincare/hair picks here.
- English Muffins. Random, I know, but hear me out. I’ve been eating them all week with different toppings. I’ll throw one in the toaster and spread a bit of PB+jam on one for morning, and create a makeshift pizza with hot sauce, mozzarella + gorgonzola for lunch. Delicious, and decently healthy.
How do you de-stress? And what have you been loving this week?