So You Want To Add Some Color To Your Neutral Look

pop-of-color-with-neutrals-first

pop-of-color-with-neutrals-second

Ok, yes, I am guilty of wearing mostly black + white year round, and it’s the rare occasion that I’ll break out a bold lip [though I do love a nice hot pink or fuchsia in the summer with an otherwise bare face]. Still, I think it’s fun to add a pop of color – but I like to do this in a more subtle way.

To me, the easiest way to bring color into a look is with a bright or bold nail polish. I enjoy a good coral or watermelon pink during the warmer months, but at the moment, my jam is this stunning red from Butter London. The shade is Ladybird*, and it is an incredible tomato red that definitely makes a statement, while still looking chic.

To keep things neutral on the face [very inspired by Charlotte Tilbury’s Kate Moss wedding makeup tutorial], I’m loving taupes, nudes, and mauves. Specifically, Charlotte Tilbury’s eye quad in The Sophisticate, Tarte’s Amazonian Clay blush in Celebrated, and Clinique’s Chubby Stick in Heaping Hazelnut.

How do you add color into your look?

Shop the post:

1. May 27, 2015 / 2:36 pm

There are so many ways to add color, although since I prefer neutrals I usually go for one pop of color. I either like some color on the waterline or a bold lip

makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com

2. May 27, 2015 / 5:05 pm

Love this colour nail varnish, and it looks great for breaking up an otherwise neutral look!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

3. May 27, 2015 / 5:51 pm

I usually go for quite a neutral look anyways, but I like to experiment with eyeshadows. If I want to keep things neutral but still add a pop of colour, I usually take a brighter eyeshadow or eyepencil/eyeliner and pop it on my lower lashline, usually I take a turquoise shade for this 😉

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

4. May 27, 2015 / 9:13 pm

I’m the total opposite as you! My wardrobe has plenty color (mostly consisting of “striped” things), and my nails are always super dark colors like black or deep navy blue, or deep army green! I LOVE that red nail polish color…and I have Charlotte Tilbury on my wish-list! All of her products look so beautiful and classy.

5. May 28, 2015 / 4:21 am

I always love a good red and tend to feel sad about leaving it. Currenty I’m loving corals and pops of cool toned pinks, which I’ve never really gave a chance before. I think the Tom Ford summer collection really helped me ease into the cool toned pinks with the cream blush that I have been adoring ever since I bought it.

6. May 29, 2015 / 8:20 pm

Charlotte Tilbury is finally coming to Canada in June, and I have my eyes on this palette. I’m hoping the price isn’t too high, because it looks so gorgeous.

Katherine || The Green Bows

June 2, 2015 / 8:31 pm

Ahhh that is so exciting!!! You must check out the Dolce Vita palette as well!