Best-Of High End Brands

top-high-end-brands-first

top-high-end-brands-second

For today’s post I wanted to challenge myself a bit. Last week I was thinking about my favorite high end brands, and what products I would choose if I could only pick one from each brand. As its turns out – not so easy. I would decide on one product, and then remember another much-loved product from the same brand, and think, well, crap. What could I really not live without?

And so I give you the above products. They are all so special to me, and have been/are used a TON.

Charlotte Tilbury – Filmstar Bronze and Glow. Aka, the ultimate bronzer. This not-too-brown, not-too-orange shade is perfect for contouring, or bronzing up the skin. It’s the rare occasion that I don’t use this when applying my makeup.

Marc Jacobs – New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Roleplay. This rosy brown is a perfect twist on the standard nude lipstick – it adds a bit of color, while still being natural – and you definitely don’t have to worry about it washing you out. Despite having the label ‘sheer,’ I think it has really nice pigmentation that lasts for hours.

Le Metier de Beaute – Creme Fresh Tint in Coral Nymph. By now I think you guys know that this is my favorite cream blush. The formula melts onto skin, providing the most gorgeous lit-from-within coral glow. It also works just as well as a lip color – and doesn’t feel drying the way a lot of cheek-lip duos do.

Chanel – Rouge Coco Lipstick in Catherine. A luxe, hydrating creamy formula that lasts, in the most gorgeous neutral peach color. This lipstick has definitely become an all-time favorite over the past couple months.

Tom Ford – Eye Defining Liquid Liner Pen. My absolute, no contest holy grail eyeliner. No liquid liner is as easy to use, or lasts as long without smudging. I use the longer side to draw a line along my upper lash line, and use the shorter felt tip for when I want to draw wings.

Nars – Blush in Deep Throat. I remember picking this up in Sephora when I was deciding between this shade, and Orgasm. After much debate I chose this color because it seemed more wearable for everyday [re: less shimmery]. It is a gorgeous peachy-pink with very subtle golden shimmer, and is one of my favorite blushes year round, and is especially stunning in the summer.

Chantecaille – Brillant Lip Gloss in Lucky. This sheer pink gloss with golden shimmer is not sticky in the least, and is just so flattering on the lips. I think it makes lips look slightly fuller, especially when paired with a neutral pink lip liner or lipstick.

Now – I want to find out your top picks from your favorite high-end brands! I tag all of you, and want to call out Faith, Ashlyn, Tamira, Sabrina, and Rachel!

1. June 2, 2015 / 4:09 am

Oh man, this will be so challenging but to think you picked some great products! I’m up for the challenge.

2. June 2, 2015 / 4:10 am

Oh man, this will be so challenging but I think you picked some great products! I’m up for the challenge.

June 2, 2015 / 8:26 pm

Woooo I can’t wait to read your picks!!!

June 2, 2015 / 8:25 pm

Oooh yes YSL makes incredible lipsticks!!

3. June 2, 2015 / 5:26 am

I am thinking of joining a subscription to Le Metier de Beaute but you have to commit for 12 months. Do you think most items from the line are fabulous? Would you be disappointed getting a year of products just from this line vs a variety? I’m just finding other subscriptions send something good along with total crap.

June 2, 2015 / 8:25 pm

Honestly, I have loved everything I’ve tried from Le Metier – the quality is really the best (blushes, eyeshadows, glosses, lipsticks). I know that the Vault program features all full-sized products – I can’t imagine any of them being disappointing! I have never tried anything from the brand’s skin care range, but I have heard great things. I hope that helps!

• June 3, 2015 / 1:11 am

The Vault subscription is excellent – I am wrapping up my first year sub now. It is an amazing deal for the amount of products you get! I’m not renewing because it is just so much up front and I can’t possibly use all of the products. There were only a couple things I was disappointed with, but really happy overall. The skincare is phenomenal – just suuuuper pricy. I have monthly reviews on my blog if you want my feedback. Glamorable has reviewed this year and last also.

4. June 2, 2015 / 1:21 pm

Great picks… I own all of them except the Tom Ford pen, which I seriously want

June 2, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Thank you so much!! Yes you must pick it up – it is incredible!

5. June 2, 2015 / 1:55 pm

Eek! I can’t wait to work on this over the weekend. It’s going to be such a challenge!!
    xx

June 2, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Yesss can’t wait to read yours!!

6. June 2, 2015 / 7:54 pm

Love the lipstick! I’ve been dying to get a marc jacobs lipstick for so long but they don’t sell them where I live! 🙁 x

Little Makeup Heaven

June 2, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Oh no! Hopefully they will start shipping soon!! xx

7. June 3, 2015 / 6:33 am

One day I’ll own Charlotte Tilbury’s Filmstar Bronze and Glow. Until then, I’ll just be staring at it 🙁