So You Want to Buy a Tom Ford Lipstick

tf-one

tf-two

tf-three

tf-four

tf-five

tf-six

Quickly wanted to share my favorite lipsticks from one of my favorite brands – Tom Ford! There’s no denying the fact that Tom Ford Beauty is a luxury line; the products are pricey, and I know that I am very lucky to have been sent items from the collection over the past two years. That said, I also think that Tom Ford offers some of the best makeup on the market in terms of quality and color. There’s no beating the eyeliner pen, which is essentially foolproof, smudge-proof, and is still going strong after several months of use; the eyeshadow quads are a thing of dreams [cognac sable, I’m looking at you]; and my personal favorite, the lipsticks, are creamy, moisturizing, and come in the best. packaging. ever.

The above photos feature lipsticks from three different lines of formulas – the standard Lip Colors, the Lip Color Sheers, and the Lip Color Shines. The Lip Colors are very pigmented, and have a very luxe creamy formula that never dries out my lips. My favorite shade, Pink Dusk, is a perfect pink-nude shade, and is one of my top choices for fall and winter. It applies smoothly and evenly to lips, and doesn’t accentuate dry or chapped areas. It also has excellent lasting power – about 5-6 hours on me.

The Lip Color Sheers are, as the name suggests, a bit more sheer than the Lip Colors. However, I find that you can definitely build up color and opacity with a few swipes. The formula is still creamy, but more light-weight. They are slightly more moisturizing to me, and impart a really lovelyย sheen on lips. My favorites are In The Buff, a beautiful beige with golden shimmer [a perfect summer nude]; Paradiso, a gorgeous medium pink that can be worn sheer [love patting this down and wearing it as more of a stain], or really built up for a more bold look; and SkinnyDip, an incredible sheen-y peachy pink with golden shimmer – another really perfect summer shade that goes with everything.

Lastly, the Lip Color Shines. These beauties are the ultimate lipstick-lip balm, and definitely have the thickest, creamiest formula I’ve come across. They pack a ton of moisture + keep my lips hydrated all day, and come in some of the prettiest colors. Frolic is another perfect peachy-pink with golden shimmer, and Nubile is a deeper rosy-brown that is a great won’t-wash-you-out nude [love pairing this with pink cheeks, a champagne shadow, and winged black liner].

Do you own any Tom Ford lipsticks? What are your favorite shades/formulas?

1. July 22, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I only have one in Casablanca but it’s my favorite rose nude shade!

August 3, 2015 / 3:52 pm

Oh I’ll have to check that one out!

2. July 23, 2015 / 3:11 am

Really want to try one of the sheers! That white packaging…I have a few from the Lips & Boys collection (it would take me forever to go through a whole one, so I didn’t want to make an investment).

August 3, 2015 / 3:51 pm

Yes – the formula is so nice, and I love how you can wear them sheer, or build the color up! Love the lips & boys as well, so many beautiful colors to choose from!

3. July 23, 2015 / 8:04 am

I am a definite sucker for lipsticks and unfortunately because Tom Ford lipsticks are more so pricey; I have not tried any from the renowned brand. Although, you have done an exceptional job promoting and reviewing them for all of us fellow bloggers … I’m pretty convinced on just biting the bullet and picking up a bad boy in a fabulous, bold color and seeing how much I fancy their lippies. PLUS … the packaging is seriously way too cute.

Xo. http://www.sonamnaiducreative.com

August 3, 2015 / 3:51 pm

Thank you!! I was hesitant at first also. My first lipstick was Pink Dusk, and I chose it because it is such a good everyday color, so I knew I’d get my money’s worth!

4. July 24, 2015 / 7:43 am

I only have my one little Lips & Boys that I haven’t actually used yet through fear of ruining it’s prettiness. I have a VERY long wishlist of colours I want to pick up, though! Thank you for the run down of each of the different formulas

Ash / http://www.thebeautycollection.com.au

August 3, 2015 / 3:50 pm

Haha, I know what you mean!! I hate ruining the TF imprint!

5. July 24, 2015 / 10:29 am

Lovely post! One of the TF lipsticks will be one of my next treats! ๐Ÿ˜‰

August 3, 2015 / 3:49 pm

Thank you!! Yes – definitely check a few shades out at a counter! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. July 26, 2015 / 11:48 am

Could you possibly list the shades shown in order? I would love to pick a couple up ๐Ÿ™‚
    Beauty Wanderer

August 3, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Yess absolutely! In the second pic from the top, the order L-R is: Nubile, Skinny Dip, Pink Dusk, Paradiso, In The Buff, and Frolic

August 3, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Sure! In the second pic from the top, the order L-R is: Nubile, Skinny Dip, Pink Dusk, Paradiso, In The Buff, and Frolic ๐Ÿ™‚

August 3, 2015 / 3:44 pm

Thank you so much! Yes – definitely try on a shade or two at a counter!

7. August 6, 2015 / 5:17 am

I don’t think I’ve ever read a poor review of a Tom Ford product. Too bad they’re so pricey as these shades are GORGEOUS