It’s Thursday, or, as I like to call it, “Junior Friday.” I think I get more excited on a Thursday night than I do during the last hour of work on Friday evening. Not entirely sure why, maybe it’s knowing that I still have the whole weekend ahead of me – and that it’s so close. It’s also time when I think about what I’ll wear over the weekend, what kind of makeup I’ll go for, where we’ll eat… all of the things. Yes, I’m a planner.
Back to the makeup. If you are lucky enough to be going away this weekend, or, just want to streamline your weekend makeup look, I’m here to help out. Obviously you can add/takeaway – but these are my essentials.
- No-Fuss Foundation: it’s not the time to spend hours blending foundation. You want something you can rub in with your fingers, something that lets a little skin shine through (especially if you’ve got a little tan going). Reach for Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint, or It Cosmetics CC Cream.
- Cream blush: when it’s hot, and I’m outside, I find that cream blush wears so much better than any powder. Powder mixed with any sweat equals a patchy face (for me, at least), and that’s not cute. I also like creams that are compact and can be stashed in a small handbag for afternoon touch-ups. Le Metier de Beaute (shocking, I know) Poppy + Coral Nymph are practically with me at all times. Glossier’s Cloud Paint in Beam or Puff are two more really awesome options.
- Long-wear cream shadow: again with the creams! I promise these won’t slide off of your face. When I think easy weekend/vacay makeup, I think a 2 second, golden bronze eye that looks like you put lots of effort in to look like a mermaid princess, when in reality, you swiped that stuff on while walking out the door. Charlotte Tilbury’s Bette is my #1 for this kind of look. Stays. Put. All. Day. And. Night. Milk Makeup has a few great options, too.
- Bronze Eye Kohl: if you want that smudgey-smokey look – the non-raccoon eye. Super easy to achieve an easy night-out eye with minimal effort. I’ll draw a decently thick line on my upper lash line, blend with a finger, and then go in on the water line. Mac’s Powersurge or Le Metier’s Tamarack are two faves of mine.
- Cream highlighter: another multi-use product that you can apply to cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of eyelids for a little extra glow. Glossier’s Haloscope in Quartz is my holy grail. If you have a little extra to spend, pick up Tom Ford’s Shade and Illuminate palette – you won’t regret it.
- Waterproof mascara – no brainer. Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof in black – I’ve repurchased countless times. If you’re worried about removal, pick up Neutrogena’s oil free makeup remover (liquid – not the wipes).
- Lip Color Balm – you want to keep your lips moisturized, while adding a bit of color and shine. Tom Ford’s are amazing (pricey, I know!!). For more affordable options, check out Clarin’s Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector, and It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi. Even more affordable – the Revlon Color Balm Stains.
Andddd that’s it! I omitted bronzer as there are SO many out there and you have to go with what tone works with your complexion (ok if you really want to know what I’ll be wearing this weekend – Nars Laguna Liquid Bronzer – new and beautiful). Tell me – what are your weekend/vacay makeup bag essentials?