Silly title? Yes. Silly products? Definitely not. Wanted to share a little summer beauty edit with [mostly] new things that have already gotten a lot of use. Because you can’t ever have enough shimmer glosses. Or neutral lipsticks. Or things to achieve glow-y skin. OK, here we go:
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – I tested this out in Sephora when it first came out, and the consistency felt too watery for my liking. I’m going to blame that on a bad test sample. I decided to give it another go, [actually swatching a bit on my face this time around], and I fell in love instantly. To me, this provides the perfect amount of coverage – ie, flawless finish, still looks like skin, covers redness and spots, doesn’t look cakey. I also find that it wears really well throughout the day. Doesn’t go patchy or separate. Will it look like you’ve just applied it after 9 hours? No. I don’t think I’d want it to, anyway. Doesn’t mean you’d have to re-do your foundation entirely, either. A little spot treatment with a good creamy concealer is all you’ll need.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in No. 70 – holy perfect lipstick. I’m talking shade and formula, you guys. Not going for the longest wear ever here, but, it will hug your lips for 3-4 hours [through drinks]. This shade is my perfect peachy, pinky nude, and the formula glides on the lips, feels creamy but not thick, and provides a slight shine. Yas.
- Becca Light Chaser Highlighter in Amethyst Flashes Geode – a lavender-pink highlight? Yes. I own a lot of highlighters – but nothing like this. Not that it’s better than any other Becca highlight, I am just in love with the color and how it really lifts cheeks and compliments my favorite pink blush. I like to take a small amount on a tiny brush and tap it on the very tops of my cheek bones and inner corners of my eyes. I also think it would make for a really pretty subtle blush if worn on its own. Maybe I’ll experiment by wearing it as wash of color on my eyelids next…
- Bite Beauty Liquified Lipstick in Whip – this shade is a beautiful take on nude – warm, peachy, and definitely won’t wash you out. I am crazy about this new formula, too. It’s on the thick side so you really don’t need a lot of product. The finish definitely isn’t matte, it’s more of a velvet-satin. Feels super comfortable, smells great [standard Bite scent], and lasts about 5 hours without needing to reapply.
- Becca Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss in Champagne Dream x Bellini – stunning, opalescent golden peach gloss that has serious shimmer going on, without feeling gritty or sticky. Definitely not opaque – if I wear this on its own, my natural lip shade comes through. I kind of like that look though, very beachy, summery vibes. Worn with a little golden cream shadow and a peachy cheek – easy, pretty 5 minute makeup look.
- Tocca Giulietta – I’d like to take a moment of silence for this little roller ball. It dropped out of my bag this past weekend, the bottom end cracked, and now essentially all of the product has pooled in a zip-lock bag, rendering it unusable. Sad. Anyway, if you want a really gorgeous, fresh summer scent – look no further. Notes of ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, and amber. Whatever that means. It’s a fresh, slightly sweet floral. Yum.
- Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Lucky – last but DEFINITELY not least, what I think I can say is my favorite gloss of all time [that’s a big statement right there] – Lucky. This super glossy, not-sticky-in-the-least, peachy-pink gloss with gold micro-shimmer is absolute perfection. Beautiful on its own, beautiful over any lipstick. Everyone needs this. That is all.
Andddd that’s my little summer edit at the moment! Be sure there are more to come. What are your most-worn items so far this summer?