1. We’ve made it through Monday. 2. IT’S OCTOBER. 3. Tomorrow is October 3rd (cue all of the Mean Girls memes).
To take some of the “bleh-ness” out of Monday’s, I like to jump-start the week by doing/watching/reading things I love. So, I figured I’d post some ideas for you guys, if you’re having a similar sort of day.
- Watch This Is Us. YES. It’s back. If you missed the new season’s first ep last week, why not catch up tonight before another brand new one airs tomorrow! You’ll cry. But in a good, cathartic kind of way. Sometimes we need that. Especially on Mondays.
- Bake something pumpkin-y. Are you guys like, “Sarah, come on, how basic can you be with the fall and pumpkin sh*t?” VERY, thank you very much. And, pumpkin flavored things are delicious, I don’t care what anyone says. All that said – Monday isn’t the day to bake a pie from scratch. You can fake it real good though with Stonewall Kitchen’s Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread Mix. I threw some chopped walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips in for good measure and, guys – mmm.
- Watch Love on Netflix. This could be my favorite show of all time, even though there have only been two seasons. The characters are intricate and the situations are almost too relatable. Just trust me here, and thank me after you’ve had a good binge sesh 😉
- Read Gretchen Rubin’s The Four Tendencies. I’ve been listening to her podcast, Happier, for a couple months now, and, I’m hooked. She believes that people fall into one (or a combination) of four personality frameworks, and that understanding which you fall into will help you better navigate your life in all its facets. Unsure? Check out the quiz here.
Now, onto a few things I’m loving (and think you need like, yesterday). These have become very fast faves, due to their gorgeous shades, and incredible quality.
First up is Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt highlighter in Girl Next Door/ Chic Phreak. One side holds a STUNNING pale pink, finely milled shimmer, the other is a deeper pink-peach with larger glitter particles (still super wearable). Looks so beautiful worn everywhere – cheeks, cheek bones, as a wash of color across the lids.
Next, Mac’s new Nicki Minaj lipstick in Nicki’s Nude. This shade is, to me, the perfect combination of pink and peach without being too beige or brown, or too wash-you-out light. The formula is more matte than sheeny, but still really comfy to wear.
Last, but absolutely not least is YSL’s new Tatouage liquid lip product in the shade 9, aka, my most perfect red of life. Look forward to a post dedicated to this beauty. One reason why I normally stay away from reds and bold lip shades is bleeding around the lip line, wearing off, getting on, well, everything. This formula, however, is UNFREAKINGREAL. And, the applicator deserves a post of its own. It is squared off, so easy to line and fill in lips in one fell swoop. I applied this yesterday around 1 p.m., ate twice, drank water, pumpkin beer (because, what else), and tea, and it did. not. move. Even when I wiped it away before bed, I was left with a gorgeous red-berry stain that I then had to remove with makeup remover. More on this very, very soon.
Phew! Long post. Hope you all had a wonderful Monday.