As much as I love fall makeup [and really, everything that goes along with the season], I appreciate a kind of pared-down, streamlined summer routine. On weekends, I’ll break out one of my latest eyeshadow faves – Stila’s Soul eyeshadow palette and do a neutral smokey eye with a really smoked out liner look – but, for everyday, I’m a one color wash kind of girl. The look is a bit golden and peachy, with a bit of shimmer thrown in the mix. Here’s the line-up:
- Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Bronzer – ahh Kevyn Aucoin, master of all the contour and bronze things. This bronzer is super pigmented, so the tiniest amount goes a really long way. Rather than sculpting my face with this guy, I use a large fluffy brush to hit points of my face where the sun would naturally hit [cheeks, across the bridge of the nose, temples, etc]. Bronze goddess vibes.
- Burberry Eye Colour Cream in Gold Copper – I have written about this so, so many times. Still my #1 – the most perfect golden bronze eyeshadow of life.
- Nars Orgasm Blush – I got back into this OG product because it came inside a Sephora 500 point perk. A perfect summer peachy-pinky-golden blush that brings cheeks to life.
- Glossier Haloscope – this guy adds the most gorgeous natural highlight to cheekbones – more in depth discussion here.
- Glossier Stretch Concealer – this concealer is really easy to blend, looks natural, and stays put. Also, it’s perfect for quick touch-ups on the go.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – still loving this really easy to work with, super black liner. As it’s name suggests, it has incredible lasting power.
- Surratt Lipslique in Gamine – a beautiful creamy, muted peach shade that feels really moisturizing, hugs lips, and adds a really pretty shine. This guy hasn’t left my bag since I picked it up weeks ago.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – since I’m going neutral on the eyes, I love lots and lots of lashes. This mascara will give you that, while holding a curl. Done.
- Surratt gloss in Coquette – a semi-sheer, kind of milky pink with shimmer. Love how it looks on its own, or tapped onto the center of lips over any lipstick.
What are your current go-to summer products?